Glover Cafe is a wonderful addition to the Glover Garden tourist experience. Located in the middle of the park, the outdoor cafe is a wonderful place to take a break and relax with a delicious dessert or thirst-quenching drink. Furthermore, the cafe features speciality items that are not sold elsewhere in Nagasaki. With ample seating, the cafe accommodates many visitors and provides them with a peaceful atmosphere with historic charm. While enjoying a drink, visitors can imagine what life may have been like for the foreign merchants who used to live there. The cafe is normally open from 10AM to 5PM; however, on select nights when Glover Garden is open during the nighttime the cafe remains open until 7:30PM There is an English menu provided at the cafe so that foreign travellers can have a smoother experience there.
- 8-1 Minamiyamatemachi, Nagasaki, 850-0931
The closest tram station is the Oura Cathedral Station. From there, it is an eight-minute walk to Glover Garden. The Glover Cafe is inside Glover Garde
- 10AM-5PM all year round including weekends and holidays Depending on the season, Glover Garden is open during the nighttime. During this time, the cafe stays open until 7:30PM.
- English friendliness Rating:
- Wheelchair friendliness Rating:
- Mostly Accessible There’s an elevator and wheelchair ramps provided to get from one side of the park to the other. There are also wheel-chair ramps at the entrance of buildings. However, sometimes there’s not a solid walking path. Instead, there’s a path of pebbles with stepping stones. In these cases, it would be difficult to get through the area in a wheelchair.